Nov 20, 2019 | by Caroll Cyr
KidSafe Security Process
Thank you for your interest in serving with children and/or students at Valley. It takes an army of dedicated volunteers to provide the programs that we do each week. If you are 18 and older, please click on "adult application." Those under 18 who want to volunteer to work with children, including during Summer Bible Club, should click the "teen application."
To ensure the safety of our children and those working with them, either at the church or offsite at an organized church event, we require that all adults (18 and older) complete the KidSafe process.
Based on a person's character, background and experience, this process determines suitability for working with children (infants through 17-year-olds).
- Each person completes a KidSafe application, including current contact information and the email addresses of three (3) character references. These three references must not be related to the applicant.
- References are contacted to check on the applicant's suitability for working with children.
- The applicant receives an email directing them to the Secure Search Website.
- The applicant must go to that site and give permission for a background check to be run.
- The background check is completed and assessed by the church administrator.
- An interview is conducted with the applicant by a church staff member or an approved interviewer.
- Once the background check is clear, the references found to be positive, and the interviewer determines the applicant is suitable to work with children, the process is complete.
Thank you for your willingness to serve and for taking the time to walk through this process.