Feb 10, 2020 |
What is a Growth Group?
A Growth Group is a small group of about 5-15 adults who meet weekly to study and apply the Bible and build relationships with God and each other.
What is the meeting format?
We meet weekly, primarily in homes, for about an hour and a half. We use provided discussion questions and Scripture from the weekend message for our Bible study. We spend time getting to know one another, and praying for and encouraging one another.
Is there a group near me and how do I join?
There may be a group near you. Check out the list of current groups with locations and times. New groups are started throughout the year. You can join by registering on the website, or you can contact Mary in the Adult Ministry Office at Valley.
What about childcare?
Each group is different and is encouraged to find its own best way to take care of the children. We can help with ideas if your group can't find a solution.
Why are Growth Groups important?
It can be hard to meet people and find a place to belong in a church. We want you to get connected and grow in your relationship with Christ and with others at Valley.
One of our values is KNOWING the truth of God and His Word; it is our goal that "every person at Valley is taking steps to grow in maturity in Christ through biblically authentic relationships centered around God's Word." God doesn't intend for us to go it alone. He designed us to grow and flourish in relationship with others. Joining a Growth Group is one of the best way to do that.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes! Friends are welcome!
Click here to register for one of the groups.
Growth Group Locations
- 9 a.m. Zach Roberts - Valley Avon
- 4 p.m. Warren & Deborah Humphrey - Canton
- 6:30 p.m. Jay & Robin Kuhrt - Simsbury
- 6:30 p.m. Paul & Rosemary Semanski - West Hartford
- 6:30 p.m. Bob & Cynthia McPeak - Valley Avon
- 7 p.m. Jon & Donna Jackman - Avon
- 7 p.m. Alan Fosberry - Valley Avon
- 7:30 p.m. Jairo Sousa - Avon (Men, Portuguese speaking)
- 6 a.m. Allen Miloff - Torrington (Men)
- 6:30 p.m. Tom & Liz Cornish - Burlington
- 7 p.m. Newt & Barbara Schoenly - Salisbury
- 6:30 p.m. Scott Sobolewski - Avon (Men)
- 7 p.m. David Clarkin (College Age) - Valley Avon
- 7 p.m. Denice Paul (Young Adult Women) - Valley Avon
- 7 p.m. Curtis & Megan Sanford (Young Adult Co-Ed) - Valley Avon
- 7 p.m. Howard & Cathie Branch - Litchfield
- 6:30 p.m. Kip & Robin Mentzer - Barkhamsted
- 6:30 p.m. Steve & Carmen Tate - Bloomfield
- 6:30 p.m. John & Anne Busa - Torrington
- 8 a.m. Ed Poff - Avon (Men)