Feb 10, 2020 |
What is a Group?
A Group is a smaller group of about adults who meet weekly to study and apply the Bible and build relationships with God and each other.
What is the meeting format?
We meet weekly, primarily in homes, for about an hour and a half, however, during this season, many groups are meeting virtually via Zoom, or some other platform. We study God's word together, spend time getting to know one another, and praying for and encouraging one another.
Is there a group near me and how do I join?
There may be a group near you. Check out the list of current groups with locations and times. New groups are started throughout the year. You can join by registering on the website, or you can contact in the Adult Ministry Office at Valley.
What about childcare?
Each group is different and is encouraged to find its own best way to take care of the children. We can help with ideas if your group can't find a solution.
Why are Groups important?
It can be hard to meet people and find a place to belong in a church. We want you to get connected and grow in your relationship with Christ and with others at Valley.
One of our values is KNOWING the truth of God and His Word; it is our goal that "every person at Valley is taking steps to grow in maturity in Christ through biblically authentic relationships centered around God's Word." God doesn't intend for us to go it alone. He designed us to grow and flourish in relationship with others. Joining a Group is one of the best way to do that.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes! Friends are welcome!
- 9 a.m. Seasons - Avon - online
- 4 p.m. Warren & Deborah Humphrey - Canton - in person and online
- 6:30 p.m. John & Anne Busa - Torrington - online
- 7 p.m. Alan Fosberry - Valley Avon - in person
- 7 p.m. Newt & Barbara Schoenly - Salisbury - in person
- 7:30 p.m. Jairo Sousa - Avon (Men, Portuguese speaking) - in person and online
- 6:30 p.m. Second Coming Prophecy - Valley Avon - in person with YouTube option
- 7 p.m. Howard & Cathie Branch - Litchfield - online
- 6:30 p.m. Kip & Robin Mentzer - Barkhamsted - online
- 6:30 p.m. Steve & Carmen Tate - Bloomfield - online